Approved Workshops are run by fully qualified caravan and motorhome servicing professionals. There currently over 460 mobile and fixed base workshops in the scheme spread across the whole of the UK.
Using an Approved Workshop gives you peace of mind that the technician working on your tourer or motorhome is qualified to the required standards. They will normally guarantee all repairs for a minimum of six months and take all reasonable steps to protect the validity of any unexpired warranties.
Along with the requirements for technicians, each workshop must also meet high standards of competency (the formal qualifications of the technician) and comply with an industry Code of Practice. This means that all Approved Workshops will:
- Display a detailed list of prices and labour rates
- Provide an estimate for any additional servicing or repair work over £150
- Give a realistic estimated time for completion and collection
- Use genuine spare parts where available
- Ensure all work is carried out using skill, care and professional judgement
- Always provide you with a check list of work done
- Not start work without your express authority
- Contact you for authority to continue if additional work is identified
- Notify you in writing of faults which are not rectified, with an honest assessment of the urgency of the repairs required.
Top tip: Get your caravan/motorhome booked into your local workshop early, so you are ready for the touring season!
Watch our video here
What happens if I am not satisfied with the service received?
Every workshop in the scheme has demonstrated a positive approach to customer complaints and has in place a clear and simple customer complaints procedure. However, in the unlikely event of a more serious complaint that is not resolved in this way, the Approved Workshop scheme operates an Informal Dispute Resolution Service (AWSIDRS), which is free to the consumer, to help resolve disputes.
In addition you have the reassurance that the Approved Workshop Scheme is backed by the NCC, The Caravan and Motorhome Club, The Camping and Caravanning Club and all major tourer and motorhome manufacturers.