What is the Approved Workshop Scheme?
The Approved Workshop Scheme (AWS) is a joint enterprise between the NCC (National Caravan Council), The Caravan and Motorhome Club and The Camping and Caravanning Club and is the benchmark for touring caravan and motorhome habitation servicing within the manufacturer's warranty period.
Currently approximately 27,000 touring caravans and motorhomes are manufactured and sold in the UK every year, most of which carry up to a 10-year warranty period.
The Scheme is supported by all major UK manufacturers who have authorised ‘Approved’ Workshops (both mobile and fixed) to carry out habitation services on their products during the warranty period. There are currently over 550 Approved Workshops across the UK.
What are the main benefits of becoming a member?
- Annual assessment from one of the team of independent assessor and advice.
- Active promotion by the NCC, The Caravan and Motorhome Club and The Camping & Caravanning Club plus specialised advertising opportunities throughout the year.
- Use of AWS logo.
- A free listing on the AWS app plus individual profile to help promote your business.
- Promotion at the two major industry shows at the NEC Birmingham, visited by approx. 200,000 people each year.
- Ability to purchase AWS branded service check-sheets, damp reports, workwear etc.
- Access to several exclusive member benefits.
- Access to important technical information, which enables you to keep up-to-date on issues within the industry.
What are the main requirements for membership?
- NCC (or City and Guilds) Caravan Service Award, STGW or ACS Gas, NCC Electrical Test and Inspection and NCC Electrical Systems and Circuits qualifications.
- Calibrated tools and equipment, such as RCD tester, Multimeter, Torque Wrenches and Tyre Pressure Gauges.
- Public Liability insurance and other relevant insurances.
- Provide professional customer services, including having a customer complaints procedure in place.
For more information, please complete the ‘Application From’ to the left of the page or for further information on the training courses required to become approved please visit www.nccacademy.org.uk.
Please note: In line with the terms and conditions of NCC membership, businesses that provide habitation servicing will require AWS approval prior to formal NCC approval and therefore any associated discounts.
Data collected upon the submission of this form will be used to supply you with further information relating, including prices, to becoming a member of the Approved Workshop Scheme.
What do our members say?
"Being part of the Approved Workshop has given my business the recognition it needed. I am part of a professional group of likeminded companies that strive to maintain the high industry standards. As a member I am able to keep customers vans safe and well looked after."
W. Chistiansen – Direct Leisure Repairs
"One of the first things we did after deciding to leave the car repair trade, knowing this was the new direction for me, was to establish if there was a medium by which one’s performance could be measured. This is clearly where the Approved Workshop Scheme fitted perfectly; make no mistake out clients are astute, knowledgeable, demanding and clearly want value for money. This was the association for me, and my company have absolutely no regrets."
A. Timmins – Swinton Motorhome Repair Centre
"Providing a professional, friendly and exceptional customer experience is at the forefront of what I want my business to stand for. Being a member of the AWS demonstrates to my customers my commitment to them and their safety. It also provides them with the peace of mind in knowing that I am qualified and regularly assessed to the highest standard as AWS is seen as setting the benchmark for motorhome and touring caravan servicing in the UK."
L. Cox – Coxys Caravan Services